Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is the nearest biodiversity protection area in Kathmandu Valley. It is located in the north side of Kathmandu Valley. The park headquarters is located in Panimuhan Village through the Budhanilkhanta temple. This park was established in 2002 AD.
Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park is surrounded by sub-urban population. It is one of the most popular weekend hiking spot for people in Kathmandu. There are several hiking routs within this park but Shivapuri Nagarjun Route is the shortest and medium route for beginners’. This is best places to visit for quick escape from urban hustle to nature.
What to expect to see?
How to reach here?
- Take local bus up to Balaju chok and take 15minutes walk to the entry point. If you ask to locals they will show you the direction to entry point. By local bus your bus fare should be no more than Rs.35.
- If you have vehicle, bike or any two-wheeler you can take it along the way through park by paying entry fee. Or you can park aside and hike to through the jungle.
- Entry fee for Nepali is Rs.125 including tax and the prices varies to SAARC and other nations.
- I t is medium 3 hours medium walk to the peak.
What to take with you?
- Valid ID card is asked for entry ticket.
- Please carry enough drinking water as per your need. There are no water sources through the jungle. You can buy water in the peak but will charge you extra.
- Carry lunch box , there are no tea houses . But with extra charges you can find junk foods.